Although it may appear that I haven’t been near the Internerd since last Saturday – horrors! – I have been in fact getting my shit together. In this new world of semi-organisation and almost adult maturity, it seems that there’s no time for blogging. What a shame. Soon I will be making noises about wanting to put a down payment on a nice new car, straightening my hair and getting a subscription to Choice magazine – KIDDING. So in the interests of brevity I may itemise recent events, in no particular order:
1. A new, honest-to-god client. Property advertising. Woo! They have called me up with work at least four times since I went to the interview last week.
2. A cold that turned into the flu, and went on for over 2 weeks.
3. Sudden realisation after point #1, that advertising copy is a lot easier to write, better paid, and involves more responsive clients than magazines ever could.
4. Sudden realisation after point #2, of quite how much energy I have expended this year over the trifecta, and quite how exhausted it makes one.
5. In process of advertising for a new housemate, and the attendant dramas and amusements therein. I met one chappie who seemed very nice, but managed in about 5 minutes to push all the buttons of precisely what I am NOT looking for in a housemate.
6. A thoroughly enjoyable email flirtation.
7. Declared myself the Queen of op-shopping, after I found a brilliant snakeskin tube dress for $5 at St Vinnie’s.
8. Contributed to Adult Maturity by getting rid of lumpy futon and buying a new mattress. Now spend a lot of time in bed.
9. Decided with Ms Mether that we would launch our singing/songwriting careers after taking in a most shitful Brunwick-ish band at the Green. I have never written a song before, and she has yet to take her first singing lesson, but we think we may have a hit on our hands.
10. Was called up for Temptation, finally. Standby only. Next Wednesday.
Am in rewrite hell at the moment, for a magazine, unsurprisingly. So I must away. More revelations to follow.